Saturday, May 24, 2014

X-Men Days of Future Past - My Review

Today I went to see X-Men Days of Future Past with a group of friends at the Arclight theater in Sherman Oaks. This is based off an extremely popular storyline that the Uncanny X-Men comic book published back in 1981.

If you've been living under a rock here is a synopsis: The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.

(If you haven't seen the movie I'd avoid this review)

I'll start off by saying I LOVED THIS MOVIE. I loved the story, the special effects, the acting, the emotion.. everything was just so good.  It was great seeing the old crew and the new crew on the same screen.

My favorite scene in the movie is alot of people's favorite scene and I just have to say two words.. Quicksilver and kitchen. Everything about that scene was incredible, especially the way it was shot. Visually it's amazing. But I have to be honest and say every scene with Quicksilver was amazing. They so nailed this character.

The other breakout character for me was Blink. I'd had never heard of her before but I loved her look and her power to produce portals, the effect was amazing. Definitely gonna find out more about her character. I also really enjoyed Bishop, they did a great job with him as well. I'd definitely would want to see a movie based on those characters at the beginning/end of the movie.. lots of cool mutants.

I think it's funny that they made 3 X-Men movies then (soft reboot) with X-Men First Class and introduced an entirely new cast of characters and now most of those characters are dead before this movie starts and we wind up negating the first three movies and create a whole new timeline ending with the entire original cast back again. Don't get me wrong.. I'm extremely happy with the decision as I love the original X-Men cast but it just seems weird to me.

Even before this movie was out they announced a sequel to this movie called X-Men: Apocalypse. Again this is from a very popular storyline from the comic books. Can't wait to see who shows up in that one.

I'm seeing this movie again tomorrow on the Fox lot and I can't wait. I'm definitely going to be buying this movie on blu-ray and I give X-Men Days of Future Past a very solid A

After the movie the gang went to Denny's to grab some dinner. We had some great geeky conversations, not only about the movie and it's franchise but so many other geeky things... it was awesome.


Thanks Dallas, Jes, Chris, Adam, Scott, Katie, Aaron and Andrew for sharing in this fun experience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment